How does the 30% ruling affect employees and employers alike? Take part in a survey from The Hague International Centre, which aims to evaluate the 30% ruling in the Netherlands.

30% rulingEmployees who come from abroad to work in the Netherlands often receive compensation for costs incurred while living outside their country of origin, known as “extraterritorial costs”. Examples of such costs are moving and travel costs, additional administrative costs, language training and relatively higher expenses for rent, food and utilities in the Netherlands.

The Dutch Ministry of Finance is evaluating the tax facilities for these extraterritorial costs, such as the 30% ruling and the ET regulation. The results of this survey contribute to the decision-making in Dutch politics.

Participate in the surveyThe Hague International Centre would like to invite you to fill in this survey. The employer survey is aimed at persons within the organisation who are responsible for, for example, (international) talent recruitment or HR policy. The employee survey is aimed at persons who work or have worked in the Netherlands and moved here from abroad.

How to participateEmployees can participate in the survey here. On the other hand, if you are an employer you can take this survey.

You can complete the questionnaire until Sunday, April 14, 2024. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to complete the survey. You may complete the questionnaire spread out over time if needed. Your information will be treated confidentially. Upon completion of the study and subject to the legal retention period, all data will be deleted. Participate in the survey now!

About The Hague International CentreThe Hague International Centre (THIC) supports international staff, and their families, of international organisations, companies and institutions in Delft, The Hague, Leidschendam-Voorburg, Rijswijk and Wassenaar. Their Expat Desk offers free advice and services for those who are new to the Netherlands as well as for those who are more familiar but need some help settling in.

THIC helps new residents with town hall registration, obtaining a BSN and collecting residence permits / work documents from the IND. They are also available to answer questions, provide support and offer events to help internationals settle in.


Comments are closed.