Looking to accelerate your career prospects, sharpen your skills and gain a competitive edge? An Executive MBA may already be on your radar. Designed for executives who typically have 10-15 years’ experience, the Executive MBA is a fast-track programme that gives you the flexibility to keep working while you complete your degree. It looks great on your CV, showing employers that you’ve committed to personal and professional growth – and are ready for a promotion.
Whichever type of Executive MBA is right for you and your organisation, it’s also a big investment – in both time and money. These are some of the reasons why doing an Executive MBA is worth it.
1. It’s a chance to challenge yourselfIn business, nothing stays the same. New challenges and opportunities are constantly coming towards you and your organisation. Taking an Executive MBA is a chance to challenge yourself – to rethink your approaches, your mindset and your leadership.
It’s an opportunity to step outside of your organisation and sector and to consider other insights and perspectives. It’s about trying new approaches, broadening your thinking and driving your capacity to innovate.
2. It gives you the opportunity to hone your skills and gain new onesWhichever institution you choose to study at, an Executive MBA gives you access to world-class facilities and participants from a diverse range of backgrounds. As a result, you add breadth and depth to your knowledge – and you can develop your understanding of international business. You also hone critical management and interpersonal skills to align teams, inspire others, accelerate performance and drive change.
3. It will awaken your passion for entrepreneurshipAn Executive MBA will ignite your entrepreneurial fire. During your course, you’ll explore entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship within your organisation. Who knows? You may even find the inspiration, the support and the network to launch your own venture. And talking of networks …
4. It gives you a vast networkOn an Executive MBA course, you join a cohort of world-class executives from a wide range of backgrounds. You’ll meet and work with curious thinkers, change agents and trailblazers from all over the world, forming lasting bonds and ties. You also gain access to the business school’s alumni network – and their invaluable professional contacts and support.
5. It stimulates personal growthDoing an Executive MBA is a transformational journey. It will challenge, stretch and ultimately change your approaches, your thinking and your mindset. A unique opportunity to grow professionally and personally, an Executive MBA arms you with the analytical tools and frameworks to reshape your future.
6. It helps you hone your communication skillsA key leadership skill is the ability to inspire, align, negotiate and influence others. Your communication skills will be honed throughout your Executive MBA. You will emerge from your programme an exceptional communicator, advisor and leader.
7. It lets you put theory into practiceBecause of its flexible format, an Executive MBA drives your personal and professional growth while keeping you close to your organisation. What you learn over the course of the programme can be applied in the workplace, delivering instant impact there and empowering you to embed your learning.
8. It prepares you for the next step in your careerEnrolling in an Executive MBA course not only signals to potential employers that you are ready to take the next step in your career and to move into a more senior position, but also arms you with the skills, insights, frameworks and support network to fully own and decide your future, wherever and however you want it to be – and that also means your earning potential.
Doing an Executive MBA builds your credibility as a leader, empowering you to pursue new career opportunities and step up into well-paid positions.
Vlerick is one of Europe’s foremost business schools for MBA programmes and executive education. An Executive MBA from Vlerick on your CV shows your commitment, your skills, knowledge and your solid management know-how. If your organisation is prioritising sustainability, the European Executive MBA has been designed to give you the insight, skills and hands-on knowledge to make positive change.